Whether you start planning to start a power washing business or you simply want to power wash your house, deck, sidewalk, or something else, you should consider the benefits of the equipment and supplies that professionals use versus doing it yourself with rented or purchased power washing equipment. You will definitely want to use high quality equipment when pressure washing to not only get the best results each power washing job you do but to ensure your safety and the safety of others well power washing. While you will want to stay within your budget, if you want a job done correctly when power washing you really do need to take the time to learn the skill of it all and to purchase or rent the best equipment that you possibly can.
In this article, we will explore what professional power-washers use to do top-notch jobs the correct way the first time, every time.
What is the Purpose of Pressure Washing?
Pressure washing and power washing are pretty much the same thing, but with pressure washing, the equipment is more forceful, but power washing utilizes a heating element that heats up the water that you are using to clean with, while pressure washing does not. The rest of the characteristics of each are pretty much the same and they use a steady stream of forceful water that sprays while under pressure from the equipment to remove things, such as old paint from buildings or other surfaces, remove mold, dirt, grime, and algae from objects, to remove chewing gum from cement or other surfaces, or to remove dirt and other things from houses, buildings, masonry, fences, and even concrete and asphalt on your driveway or patio.
Heated water tends to work even better because it gives a deeper clean to the objects you are pressure washing and some things need to be washed with chemicals that are added, including things like vinegar, citric acid, baking soda, or commercial power washing soaps, sanitizers, disinfectants, or detergents. Professional power and pressure washers know which equipment to use, and which types of chemicals and the appropriate temperature of the water will work best for each project. For example, hot water can be used to take off even the most stubborn stains, dirt, and grime, but it may not be the best choice for things like concrete, masonry, or brick. Power washing can be very harsh on those surfaces, so a pressure washer would be more appropriate to use since it will still get the job done but not be as harsh on the concrete or asphalt. Let’s take a look at some of the top-quality equipment that professional pressure washers use to do an excellent job of cleaning up and disinfecting.
There are many advantages to using higher quality equipment and materials when power washing at your home or as a business. Higher quality tools will help you to do a more thorough job.
Here are some things to keep in mind when it comes to high-quality power washing equipment.
- When using better quality tools, you will be using equipment that is designed specifically to last longer and to do the best job possible. This means the equipment is constructed with much sturdier parts and components, so it will continue to do a great job over a long period of time. Also, no one wants to have to replace their power washing equipment and supplies very often because they can be pricey.
- When you utilize higher-grade equipment that may cost you more, it may be worth it in the long run. You may be spending more money initially, but the power washing jobs you do are going to be so much better and will build your credibility as a power washer or simply make your house have better curb appeal and become the envy of all the neighbors.
- When you are pressure cleaning, it is a very labor-intensive job. By using more expensive, higher-quality equipment, you will have the right tools you need to save time and money in the long run for yourself and others.
- Top-quality pressure washing equipment will come with a written warranty, so if something does go wrong and it needs repair or replaced, you are covered for a period of time after the initial purchase.
Why Should You Have a Professional Power or Pressure Washing?
- There are many reasons why you should hire a professional power or pressure washer person or company to complete the cleaning job at your home or business.
- First of all, power washing dirt, dust, smoke, and other pollutants from your property will actually increase its value. If the exterior of a home or business is in bad shape, it can discolor the building and degrade the construction materials it has been built with over time. To keep your property value higher, proper cleaning and maintenance is important and professionals have the equipment and knowledge to get the job done correctly for you.
- Hiring a professional pressure washer or power washer is a great way to save time, since you do not have to go out and buy equipment or rent it after even deciding which equipment you will need to get the job done correctly. Professionals already have everything they need to do every single job they are called to, so while you are spending time at your job or with your family, they will do the job for you and make everything look great.
- Professional power washing is all part of preventative maintenance for your home or business which will definitely save you money in the long run. By being proactive and hiring a professional to pressure or power wash your home or business, you will also be kept up to date on if there are any problems forming on the outside of your home or business that you were not aware of, such as mold and mildew issues. Professionals know what to look for and what is normal and what is not.
- Lastly, hiring a professional power washer is very much safer than doing it yourself. You can possibly injure yourself or others while power washing since it can be dangerous with the amount of force that the water provides. You also may have to stand on ladders or scaffolding to get the job done that you want to do, and professionals are used to doing that on a regular basis, while you may not be.
- To stay safe and have beautiful results from power and pressure washing, call upon a professional pressure washing company to get the job done correctly and efficiently.